[development] creating forward compatable modules?

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Wed Nov 23 20:11:59 UTC 2005

Hi Drupal devs,

First, thank you all for an amazingly useful tool.

I am a programmer at the CITRIS center at UC Berkeley. We recently
finished moving our own web site (http://www.citris-uc.org) over to
Drupal and I am now working on the infrastructure to allow us to start
providing Drupal-based sites for more of the campus community. So far I
have been able to do everything I need with the available modules and a
bit of hacking, but I am now starting to create custom modules.  I was
wondering if it is possible to create modules that will be compatible
with both 4.6 and 4.7?

Also, does anyone have advice on how to calculate how many Drupal sites
a server can handle?  Installing new hardware can take months around
here, so I need to stay well ahead of the curve.

thanks,
Tao Starbow
CITRIS