[development] creating forward compatable modules?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Nov 23 21:46:46 UTC 2005

Tao Starbow wrote:

> Good point.  Right now our infrastructure consists of a single dell
> poweredge (3GHz Xeno, 2GB ram, 70 GB scsi raid), running FreeBSD.  We
> can pretty much dedicate this box to serving Drupal (apache and mysql
> on the same box). We are using the engineering department's network,
> so I am not worried about running out of bandwidth.

The main limiting number with the old drupal.org server was the number
of concurrent, active registered users. Other factors were the fact that
due to a lot of content being added the caching was less effective than
we thought (has been worked on) and that MySQL used quite a lot of
memory (we only had 1G).

Cheers,
    Gerhard