[development] SCM discussion.

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Fri Nov 25 02:02:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:22:16 +0100, andrew morton
<drewish at katherinehouse.com> wrote:

> On 11/24/05, Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
>> > I know that darcs can't do this, and I am not sure about bzr.
>>
>> I know that bzr can do this. http://drupal.revisioncontrol.net itself
>> is a
>> bzr repo AND a running drupal, check it. Your local branch can be that,
>> too. And yes, you will be able to do this with the contrib mirror too.
>
> Just to be clear, will it freak out if sub-directories (i.e. the
> modules) are from different repositories?

No. Here is what happening: you do a bzr get
http://drupal.revisioncontrol.net/core/head , then bzr will download some
control files from http://drupal.revisioncontrol.net/core/head/.bzr and
based on that it'll determine what Drupal files it needs to download. Now,
if you do bzr get http://drupal.revisioncontrol.net/core/head/modules/cck
(no, it's not there yet!) then it'll go to bzr get
http://drupal.revisioncontrol.net/core/head/modules/cck/.bzr  Only thing
you need is to take care that cck is not versioned for the core mirror.
But as you need to explicitely bzr add foo to make foo versioned, this is
not a problem.

In short: a bzr branch is simply a directory with some versioned files. If
you put another such directory under it, that's fine.

Regards

NK