[development] Forms API: Duplication of "#prefix" string in elements of type "weight"

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Fri Nov 25 03:25:19 UTC 2005

Good evening, all.

I'm not sure how to go about reporting this issue, but I've found that the new
forms API is duplicating the value of #prefix on form elements of type "weight".
It doesn't seem to happen with other types. If I change the type of the form
element from "weight" to "textfield", making no other changes in the $form
array, the prefix string is no longer emitted twice. So it's type-specific.

I'm looking to see if I can find the cause and contribute a patch, but wanted
to make the team aware of the problem.

Just out of curiosity, how does one submit an issue on a core file like
forms.inc? I've never done that before, but have only filed reports on contrib
modules using the links from each module's project page. Sorry for my ignorance
of this.

Scott