[development] One core, many distributions

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Nov 25 12:51:17 UTC 2005

Dan Robinson wrote:

>it seems unlikely that that could ever happen.  Also there are hundreds
>of drupal developers (perhaps 1000s) who don't contribute code back - we

Mabye we can take the opportunity to fix the term "Drupal developer". In
my book a Drupal developer is somebody who contributes patches to Drupal
core on a more or less regular basis. Assuming that definition we maybe
have 20 developers.

People who develop their own modules and put them in Drupal's contrib
CVS are module developers. Likewise for people contributing themes.

The other people you mention are just some users. Yes, users. They use
Drupal in one of the many ways it can be used.

Cheers,
    Gerhard