[development] User module and redirection

Justin Davies justin at buddyping.com
Mon Nov 28 12:09:25 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Sorry to post this to here, but I am not sure if I found a bug or a
"feature.

I need to redirect my users to a landing page (drupal url: land), and
I hacked around with user.module to make this happen.  I started with
the login block, and when I changed the form call to:

$output  = form($output, 'post', url('user/login?destination=land'));

...it seems to work on every page apart from node (i.e. the front page).

Any ideas why this would happen ?

I have had a few issues with the user module in that it is not very
customisable from an end admin's point of view, and any changes (e.g.
redirect to a page on login, and adding user picture upload during
registration) have to be done in code.

If no-one minds, I would like to make it a bit more customisable for
admin's as I think the user module holds so much of the user
functionality for Drupal, it stops an admin from customising the
Drupal experience for users.

Let me know,

Justin
--