[development] Tip for large site scaling: tracker.module considered harmful

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Nov 30 02:02:40 UTC 2005

On 29-Nov-05, at 5:22 PM, John Handelaar wrote:

> I know Dries is having a think about my forum request before
> tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a yea then.  Meanwhile I think:
> that, generally speaking, we *do* have the answers for these
> performance bumps-in-the-road;  that it would help us to
> make a place to consolidate those discussions rather than
> having them dotted around private blogs, bug reports and
> uncommitted patches; and that making that place visible might
> (as a side effect) make it more obvious to the casual observer
> that Drupal can punch at this weight.

Yep. I'm in favour of the forum, and I think a *private* mailing list
would be useful as well. The forum to discuss and toss options back
and forth, the private mailing list (scale at drupal.org? :P) for
allowing lots of big site maintainers to have private conversations.

OK, ok....the mailing list doesn't HAVE to be private (I wouldn't
mind either way), just thinking it might allow things to be a little
more open. What do you think, John?

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595