[drupal-devel] Admin theme

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Oct 1 17:21:06 UTC 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 10:15 am, Darrel O'Pry wrote:

> >While we are on the subject.. anyone have any constructive criticism for
> >the menu module or maybe some mockups?
> >
> >-Neil
>
> My biggest critique of the menu  is having to actually open a page to
> see sub menu instead of being able to click on the bullet to expand part
> of the menu tree.... Like when you need to get to admin/setting/mymodule
> there are three page loads required to get where you are going, instead
> of one.

I seem to recall someone working on that as an Ajax feature for 4.7.  Not sure
if it's gone in yet.  Of course, that brings up an interesting problem of
theming.  If you go "into" the admin section of the menu via Ajax, are you
now in the "admin theme" zone or not?  Ajax makes page-dependent logic (what
blocks to display, what theme to display, etc.) really screwy. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson