[drupal-devel] Drupal Search (Was: "Module announcements" forum area)

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Oct 2 16:05:33 UTC 2005

Hi  Angie

> **What would be really, really, REALLY great is if we could either replace
> Drupal.org's search entirely with something else (I've heard good things of
> Trip/SQL Search, but have never tried it), or improve the hell out of it because
> it is an absolute nightmare to find what you're looking for with it right now.**

I think there are improvements in CVS (i.e. 4.7). I forgot how
extensive they are, but perhaps someone (was it Adrian or Nedjo?) can
fill us in.

> The *only* way I can search
> the site and get effective results is to go to Google and enter "site:drupal"
> and then my keywords.

I find myself using that a lot too. It is very handy for think like old issues
I comment on and the like.

For relevance, nothing beats Google to date, even our own beloved Drupal