[drupal-devel] what do you call a rose?

Stefan drupal at istyledthis.nl
Mon Oct 3 17:13:55 UTC 2005

Op 3-okt-2005, om 18:42 heeft Gerhard Killesreiter het volgende
geschreven:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Kobus Myburgh wrote:
>> Your point is taken, however, who is going to do the education?
>> You? Me?
>> Other members of the team? Sure, we can make a best effort, but
>> will we
>> reach them all, due to the dynamic nature of Drupal's user base?
>>
> The people are supposed to educate themselves by means of the docs
> we got
> to provide. If they are too lazy to read it is their problem if
> they stay
> dumb and cannot use excellent software.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gerhard

The fact that we need documentation for people to accomplish their
goals is another proof, that drupals usability could be improved a
lot more than the current level.
The better UI and guidelines we have, the better our drupal will be
and the less documentation we will need..

I'm not saying that you can work without documentation, but in this
case "less is better", because it means you can reach your goal by
feeling where to go to...

Another $ 0.02...

Stefan