[drupal-devel] private but unprotected blogs

Eric Crump ecrump at interversity.org
Tue Oct 4 00:25:06 UTC 2005

Hope this isn't a faq but I haven't found a solution yet.

I have one site that I'm using for a college class and the whole site is
supposed to be private, that is, for class use only. I thought that would
simply be a matter of giving anonymous users *no* privileges in 'access
control' and for the most part, that seems to work. Anonymous users get
403s wherever they go *except* if they type the path to a user's blog.

For any path 'http://site.org/blog/x' the blog teasers and links display
just fine! If they click on a link, they get 403ed, but since anon users
don't have content access privileges, this seems weird to me that they can
see the titles and teasers for blogs.

Is there a config option I've missed?

--Eric Crump