[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Oct 4 13:13:39 UTC 2005

>> I just asked two people (my fiancee and my 18 year old sister to be
>> specific) and both told me that a URL is a 'web address'.  They didn't
>> knew what a 'path alias' is, and could not place it either.  Maybe
>> it's a language thing, but in Belgium the acronym URL is understood by
>> many people and almost as common as 'e-mail' or 'chat'.
>
> Exactly right: a web address. Is "about" a web address? Cos that's
> what we're asking people to type in, not "http://drupal.org/about".

Incidentally, I'm *not* suggesting that "path alias" is better. Merely
that "custom URL" is not it. As I've suggested in the original issue,
"URL path" is a combination of both worlds, is accurate semantically,
and more importantly, accurate operationally: what the user types in is
exactly what the box is asking for (not a "custom URL", but a "URL
path", which "about" would be considered).

--
Morbus Iff ( is this a cut out bath-poster Morbus, or what? )