[drupal-infrastructure] Fwd: [drupal-devel] Taxonomy Access Module Takeover

Pyroman[FO] pyroman at ninjapanda.org
Wed Oct 5 01:23:57 UTC 2005

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Unfortunately, once I launched
GamersWithJobs.com with Drupal, I began to realize that with our large
number of nodes (18k+), lots of dynamic content and lots of user posts
that the node based permissions system with Drupal wasn't going to cut
it performance wise.  I've basically had to rip out the base node_access
stuff and hardcode it to just use taxonomy_access, and even at that I've
had to hardcode tids in performance sensitive areas such as Active Forum
Topics and the Tracker.  So at this point, for my codebase,
taxonomy_access is useless and I just don't have to time nor inclination
to work on it.  Hopefully at some point somebody will rewrite Drupal's
access permissions system to work with much less of a performance hit,
though this may have already been done, I haven't been keeping up with
CVS lately (we're on 4.6.3).  In the meantime, I hope keve can rewrite
taxonomy_access into something a little more useful.

Pyroman[FO]