[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Oct 5 14:16:42 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 03:44 am, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> >>I would reiterate that we are not asking the user the enter a URL. The
> >>help text makes it clear (or should) that only a path is to be
> >>entered. The 'custom URL' is the the path by which the node will be
> >>accessed and IS a URL.
> >
> > If the description text is so clear, then why is this even an issue in
> > the first place?
>
> People don't read descriptions/help texts.

You see my point, then. :-)  Relying on the description text to clarify that
"custom URL" is supposed to be a fragment is no more effective than relying
on the description text to explain what "path" means.

Jeremy's "shortname" could work, too.  It's blatantly non-technical, which
means there's hopefully less confusion about the term among people who do
have an inkling what the technical terms mean.

Perhaps someone can do some actual usability testing with some of these names,
so that we're not just arguing back and forth over nothing?

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson