[drupal-devel] permissions page

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Fri Oct 7 14:36:21 UTC 2005

I am not sure whether I understand your proposal correctly. See attached mock-up to see if I understand you correctly. If I do, my first idea here won't be feasible...

First idea:

This probably doesn't belong in this post, but I am posting here because it seems a refactoring of this page is eminent. While this is the case, it should also be done that the header row is repeated every 20 lines or so, because if you have a lot of modules installed, and a few roles (any amount of roles that require you to scroll sideways to edit) makes it very tedious to assign permissions.

Second Idea:

Since performance is not really an issue here, why not have different pages for each role (selectable by a drop-down, perhaps)? That way you can set the permissions for one user at a time, but you can set all modules in one sitting. If you have few roles and few modules, it will be slightly more work than now, but if you have a lot of modules/roles, this would be a great change.

Third Idea:

Add a checkbox "All" which will give ALL roles the specific permission.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> karoly at negyesi.net 10/7/2005 3:35:41 PM >>>
Role names take too much place and vertical text is only in CSS3 (and in
IE for long) So, I thought of diagonal text, think one table cell per
letter. There are javascripts for this out there, it would be very easy to
do in PHP.

Only one (or few?) modules would be displayed at once.

To make the presumable huge table fit, let's make it unthemed with just a
link to 'admin' to save space.

Color the table like the chess board. Maybe 3 x 3 checkboxes would be one
color.

Regards

NK