[drupal-devel] Improvements abandoned?

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Tue Oct 11 04:13:17 UTC 2005

Steve Dondley wrote:
> Can you clarify for me what "help text" is?  The link you cite seems
> to be for "documentation" which in my view is quite different from
> "help text."

Sure. The text displayed at:

http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/aggregator

will be identical to what's displayed in:

http://www.example.org/admin/help/aggregator

With the exception that the bottom of admin/help/aggregator will also contain a
link back to the aggregator handbook page. It is here where users can find pages
about additional features, use cases, etc. that don't fit into the typical
"template" help pages for all modules (in this case, "Configuring news feeds,"
"Creating categories in the aggregator," etc.).

However, in looking at the patches more closely, you're right that they are not
dealing with admin/help#modulename but more with the 'descriptive' text above
certain sections. So I guess I can't tell you why they're not being implemented,
sorry! :)