[drupal-devel] Re: hard coded page sizes

David Reed dreed10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:53:42 UTC 2005

I compiled some stats for all core modules calling theme_pager.

- there are 24 calls to theme_pager
- 16 of them are admin type pages
- none of the 16 admin page calls use any kind of override (all hard-coded)
- of the 8 non-admin pages
---4 use the 'default_node_main' variable to override the page size
---1 uses the 'forum_per_page' variable
---1 uses a URL param (comment module)
---1 is hard-coded (tracker)

A variable for admin pages would help but in my case I would like to
show pages like logs in two differnt admin views (with different page
size requirements) so I would need still need a way to override the
variable setting.