[drupal-devel] Getting going on regions for 4.7

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Oct 12 21:55:33 UTC 2005

> Multiple regions opens up a lot of space for creativity--but we'll need
> to get going if we're going to take advantage of the possibilities.
> I've created a forum topic on getting going on implementing multiple
> regions: http://drupal.org/node/33899.  It includes a link to a good
> tutorial by Khalid.

Getting going with regions is only possible if regions bugs are fixed
first :) I just sent in a partial patch for the problems pointed out by
others earlier. Currently region saving for blocks only work for the
theme you use, and to save regions for other themes, you need to first
switch to that theme. This is a bug (possibly related to the form API
introduction).

  http://drupal.org/node/33902

Goba