[drupal-devel] E_ALL: which way to correct each error notice?

Anguo linux-tw at masquilier.org
Fri Oct 14 14:16:56 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 10:36 am, Steve Dondley wrote:
Hello,

I need your feedback on which of two solutions I should use
to make Drupal E_STRICT compliant.
http://drupal.org/node/28540

> else if (isset($result)) {
>
> to this:
>
> else if (isset($result)  && $result != '') {

This discussion is relevant to this:
http://drupal.org/node/28540
(drupal base and E_NOTICE)

An example of the error notice we get is when going to
admin/settings:

   notice: Undefined index:  #attributes in
     includes/form.inc on line 54.
   notice: Undefined index:  class in
     includes/form.inc on line 54.

the line is part of:
   function drupal_get_form ($form_id,
      &$form, $callback = NULL)
which is called in this case from system.module from
   function system_view_general()

Now I can solve this problem in by declaring the array this
way:
    $form['#attributes']['class'] = array ();
I can add this line
1- either within the function drupal_get_form in
includes/form.inc
2- or within the function system_view_general in
modules/system.module.

Which way would be better/correct?

Another similar example:
   notice: Undefined index:  #built in
      includes/form.inc on line 180.
should I change in the said line:
   if ($form['#built'] == TRUE) {
   if (isset($form['#built'] AND $form['#built'] == TRUE) {
or should I go back to where the function was called from,
and declare the array there?

By the way, looking at admin/settings, there are over 1480
such errors!!! most of them coming from form.inc.

I'm working on updating the already proposed patches, but I
need to know which way to go.

thank you.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.