[drupal-devel] I do not care about PHP 5

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Oct 15 14:33:45 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 08:17 am, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Yep, the situation is pretty much settled. There is no doubt that the
> more rigid handling of what is allowed and what not will improve code.
> I have been submitting patches for fixing notices in the past and think
> that more patches like this should be comitted. Large mega patches are
> unlikely to make it, though, as experience has shown.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Gerhard

What do you suggest, then, in order to make Drupal E_ALL | E_STRICT compliant?
Lots of little patches, one per isset() call? :-)  One patch per core module?

I do agree that more complete coding guidelines (objects vs. arrays, when to
pass what, optimal way to check for variable existence, etc.) are a good
idea.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012