[drupal-devel] RFC: Forms API Reference Draft

Breyten Ernsting breyten at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:31:09 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Angie Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net> wrote:
> Hopefully it is OK to cross-post between these two groups. :\ This is about
> documentation, but it's written for developers and I really need their input.
>
> I have created a forms API progammer's reference which is available in my sandbox:

This is really great stuff. Combined with the quickstart guide I was
able to convert 2 of my modules today to make use of the new forms
API. The catch is that they were modules that used the _settings(),
or_nodeapi() or user() hook, which makes things a bit easier, since
you don't have the concerns of executing the form :).

There still needs to be a bit of documentation on how the
_nodeapi('form') and the user('form') hooks were changed in regards to
the return values, because that was the hardest part I did today.

/rambling

Grtz,
Breyten :-)