[drupal-devel] getting admin/help documentation patches into 4.7

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Sat Oct 22 15:24:11 UTC 2005

There's a patch for the admin/help that people should take a look at:

http://drupal.org/node/26139

See also the script which is used to auto generate this patch directly
from the handbook

http://drupal.org/node/32078

The main patch integrates in the new documentation created this past
summer. That documentation then needs to be upgraded to 4.7. Once this
patch is committed, I can begin working on doing the update by testing
it directly within Drupal HEAD and updating the documentation
accordingly. I would estimate it will take at least 2 weeks of updating
and getting documentation team members to review my changes in the
handbook once that patch is commmitted. Because there is an auto
generation script, once this current patch is approved, then the next
patch we will create for 4.7 will be much easier to review. It should be
code ready.

So drupal-docs can write the documentation, but webchick and other who
have worked on coding the patch need help on this. I must admit that I'm
very discouraged by the fact that almost everyone seems to want improved
documentation written, but there's been so little involvement in getting
that documentation integrated into the code (except for some
participation from translators--thanks Gerhard). If you think you or
your clients could benefit from this usability improvement in 4.7, now's
the time to jump in and assist.

Charlie Lowe