[drupal-devel] menu memory usage

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Oct 23 22:00:38 UTC 2005

Op zondag 23 oktober 2005 23:31, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
> Hi!
>
> Probably most of the devels have not noticed http://drupal.org/node/34755
> "when I enable all modules in core, the menu array eats over 800K of RAM".
> As we now have menu-otf which will be badly abused and (almost) all nodes
> will be put in the menu hierarchy instead of stuff like About Us, FAQ etc,
> we can look ahead for situations where someone locks himself out of his
> drupal cold after a node submission because the menu tree will grow too
> large. I know this can not be solved for 4.7, it's too late, but let's
> discuss it.
>
> Regards
>
> NK

I love to edit my menus and do so for all my sites. However, I hardly evern
tweak my admin menus. Would it be a good idea to cache that part.  I mean:
not load it in the tree, but cached/loaded in a *separate* block?

* Navigation
** site navigation
** stuff

* Administration
** Other stuff
** etc:

The last block can be pulled from a cache and loaded only when needed (ie 1 -
20% of all page loads, or so). if administration pages are loaded more then
that, you should get a hobby (or get some ads online), because you are
editing more then that your site is read ;)

 Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net