[drupal-devel] Problem with new form API in _upload_form

Tim Altman web at timaltman.com
Sun Oct 23 22:15:44 UTC 2005

Greetings:

I ran into a problem with the new form API while I was investigating a bug
with file uploads.  The bug is that the list attribute and description for
uploaded files aren't saved.  I've solved the bug with the list attribute,
but I can't figure out the correct solution for the bug with file
descriptions.  The form in _upload_form outputs the descriptions as
$node['attachments']['current']['description'] whereas the delete and list
checkboxes are output as $node['remove'] and $node['list'], respectively.
Descriptions are nested so deeply because the #tree attribute is set to
TRUE for $form['current']['description'] in _upload_form which is returned
into $form['attachments'] by upload_form.

So, should upload_save expect
$node['attachments']['current']['description'] or is there a way to fix
this so it works as it did before?  I see no reason for descriptions to be
nested so deeply in the form.

--
Tim Altman