[drupal-devel] Re: drupal-devel Digest, Vol 34, Issue 65

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Oct 24 02:10:59 UTC 2005

> > > I suggest that you or somebody else who is interested in the issue
> > > simply tries to run current Drupal HEAD on such a hosting account and reports
> > > back.
> >
> > FWIW, The default value for MySQL's Create_tmp_table_priv is 'N'.

I tried the following on two of my shared accounts. Both give me the
create temporary table.

mysql> create temporary table x(y int(1));
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)

mysql> select * from x;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into x values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into x values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into x values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into x values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from x;
+------+
| y    |
+------+
|    1 |
|    1 |
|    1 |
|    1 |
+------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> drop table x;

It worked on both hosts without a problem.

My concern would be performance, not availability. Then again, I say
"my", since some may not have that privilige just like the LOCK TABLE
issue that comes up every so often.