[drupal-devel] drupal.ogr on vanilla

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Sat Sep 3 09:02:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

playing the devils advocate.

Drupal.org has become very critic for not only the developers, but also for
our marketing and use documentation.

I thus think it is a VERY bad practise to run on unstable all the time. For
example image galleries are broken, previews of issues are broken,  etc. In
fact I cannot recall that ever since 4.6 drupal.org was fully working. (and I
am not referring to the hardware trouble)

Why do we upgrade to head all the time anyway? Is that because releases take
too long for drupal.org to wait for (*grin*) ? Or is it to showcase the
latest improvements? If that is so, we should consider a showcase site, and
not use our critical site for that.

Therefore I propose a small discussion about drupal.org after 4.7. I would
very much like to see drupal.org running on vanilla 4.7 until we are in 4.8
(or 5.0 for that matter)

Note for the -devel list readers, please reply to -infrastructure.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]