[drupal-devel] Disaster Relief: Projects we need help with

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sun Sep 4 02:42:33 UTC 2005

Hello, there are several efforts ongoing to provide technical
assistance to the Relief Effort.  For a general overview, read David
Geilhufe blog here: http://blog.social-source.com

We have created a Katrina development list which you can subscribe to
if you are reading this from a forwarded email: katrinadev-
subscribe at civicspacelabs.org

I see several efforts going on.  Let me list them in order of
priority as I understand them and then you all can correct me.

1)schema/dictionary for missing person data.  http://zesty.ca/
katrina/- Lead Ping Yee and Jon Plax

2)Get an RSS standard. http://www.afallstardjs.com/test.xml -Jon Plax

3)Identify data sources: http://del.icio.us/tag/peoplefinder.
Volunteers needed to move this list: http://neworleansnetwork.org/
node/22 to the peoplefinder tag.  John Lebowsky and Ethan Zuckerman.
http://www.omidyar.net/group/katrinarefugee/news/0/

4)We need data: David NewBerger:thegeekguy at gmail.com and Tony Chang:
tony at ponderer.org are working on crawlers.  Crawlers should post
their efforts here:  http://www.omidyar.net/group/katrinarefugee/news/2/

5)Accomodation matcher.  Michael Haggerty is coding away on modifying
event finder to help.  I have posted a accommodation spec here:
http://neworleansnetwork.org/node/29

6)Remotely acquired data can be posted over HTTP POST to the New
Orleans Network CiviCRM contact database. Dave Greenberg.  http://
neworleansnetwork.org/node/30

7)http://neworleansnetwork.org a Drupal/CivicSpace site with CiviCRM
customized as a people finder application.

8)Chris Holland and Josh Kleinpeter are looking for a dedicated
crawler that they can point at a list of people sites.  If you have a
search appliance you can donate some cycles to please contact them.

If you can please post to the katrinadev list and let us know what
you can do.

Cheers,
Kieran