[drupal-devel] CiviCRM v1.1 Release

Dave Greenberg dggreenberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:06:36 UTC 2005

The CiviCRM team is happy to announce availability of our 1.1 release.
This  codebase has now been through our internal QA and several beta
release cycles and we feel it is quite solid.

We encourage interested CivicSpace and Drupal folks to:
** Try out our public demo 'sandbox' at :
http://demo.openngo.org/civicrm/drupal-php5/

AND / OR

** Download, install the release and start using it for your organization(s)
and projects. Grab the tarball file  for php4 or php5 depending on
which you are running from:
http://downloads.openngo.org/civicrm/

For those of you who are currently running recent 1.1 beta releases
(marked ...v1.1BETA-rev2811.tgz or later):
- no database rebuild is required for 1.1 final
- you can simply untar 1.1 final on top of your existing installation

This release requires manual installation. We have created
detailed installation documentation - which has now been test-driven
by several members of the community - and should enable moderately
technical folks to get through the installation succesfully.
http://objectledge.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3989

If you'd rather wait for an automated installer - the upcoming 0.8.2
CivicSpace release will install CiviCRM, and should be available
soon. This release will include Massmailer and Volunteer integration.

We hope you find CiviCRM to be exciting and useful - and look
forward to hearing your feedback. If you are interested in taking a
peek at what we're working on for our next release, you can check
out our upcoming release roadmaps:

v1.2 Roadmap - http://objectledge.org/confluence/display/CRM/CiviCRM+v1.2
v2.0 Candidate Features -
http://objectledge.org/confluence/display/CRM/CiviCRM+v2.0

We anticipate releasing v1.2 in six to eight weeks.

Best Regards,
Dave Greenberg for the CiviCRM team