[drupal-devel] [feature] rename 'path alias' to 'custom url'

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Sep 6 18:46:37 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30509
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30509

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    path.module
 Category:     feature requests

-1 from me. The purist in me would see "custom URL" and would enter the
full URL: http://something.com/blah/, not the actual, um, "path alias"
that the thing is looking for. URL actually *means* something, and
that's "http://something/blah/" not "blah".

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:17:34 +0000 : moshe weitzman

i have had several people frown and ask what the heck we mean in the
posting UI by 'path alias'. Once I explain, they adore the feature and
suggest the alternative wording 'custom url'. So here is a patch which
changes the user facing name of this feature. Admin area is unchanged
and probably shouldn't be since the concept of an alias is more
important there.