[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

David Carrington david.carrington at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:54:57 UTC 2005

On 06/09/05, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> Op dinsdag 06 september 2005 20:34, schreef Larry Garfield:
> > or run into a bizarre browser setup that we didn't
> > properly account for
>
> This can, and thus *will* happen. Hence we need to opt-in and not opt-out java
> stuff.

In an extreme case, javascript in Drupal might prevent a user from
being able to do anything. At that point, I'd agree with an opt-in as
opposed to opt-out.

I disagree with most suggestions so far that the option should be a
site-wide setting. It is a personal preference for specific users of a
site. If the javascript doesn't work for them, then they can turn it
off.

The ideal solution so far is still to simply make the javascript work
/ degrade correctly in all browsers.

--
David Carrington