[drupal-devel] clipper and relations

Emiliano emiliano at novayork.com
Wed Sep 7 14:16:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 07:03, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> please have a look at http://drupal.org/node/28480#comment-42850.
> Its a revised proposal for the relation mapping.
> I came with this after developing my second relation module.

+1 for Bèr proposal

Since we're discussing the relation mapping fields, I'd like to invite you to
think of 2 other fields: title and description. Although each node has its
own title and body, when it comes to relations, each relationship may have a
new title and new description which can be different from those of the nodes.

Examples:

1 - If you're making a list of books (like Amazon's listmania). Each book
(from bookreview module) has its own title and body, but when you create your
list of favorite books, you can make annotations regarding what's important
in each book, why you recommend them, etc.

2 - If you're creating a virtual tour using pictures, although each picture
has its own title and body, since a picture can take different weights for
several tours, you can have a different title and description for each
picture in each relationship. (Bèr, think about it for shazam)

There are many other situations... when you add a buddy you may want to
describe who he/she is, when you bookmark a node you can write a description,
etc...