[drupal-devel] clipper and relations

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Wed Sep 7 14:43:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

please try to keep all suggestions in the thread online. So we have a good
thread that shows the progress and ideas all toghether.

But about the body and title: No. IMO that really dos not belong in th
relationships. You are free to add your own module and table, like
node_wrapper.module, that makes new nodes, yet uses (parts of) the content of
other nodes. That is, IMO the way to go with this. You can use the relation
mappings for that ;)

and the pictures can already take different weights in each gallery where hey
appear, in shazamgallery. with the current table.

Op woensdag 07 september 2005 16:16, schreef Emiliano:
> On Wednesday 07 September 2005 07:03, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > please have a look at http://drupal.org/node/28480#comment-42850.
> > Its a revised proposal for the relation mapping.
> > I came with this after developing my second relation module.
>
> +1 for Bèr proposal
>
> Since we're discussing the relation mapping fields, I'd like to invite you
> to think of 2 other fields: title and description. Although each node has
> its own title and body, when it comes to relations, each relationship may
> have a new title and new description which can be different from those of
> the nodes.
>
> Examples:
>
> 1 - If you're making a list of books (like Amazon's listmania). Each book
> (from bookreview module) has its own title and body, but when you create
> your list of favorite books, you can make annotations regarding what's
> important in each book, why you recommend them, etc.
>
> 2 - If you're creating a virtual tour using pictures, although each picture
> has its own title and body, since a picture can take different weights for
> several tours, you can have a different title and description for each
> picture in each relationship. (Bèr, think about it for shazam)
>
> There are many other situations... when you add a buddy you may want to
> describe who he/she is, when you bookmark a node you can write a
> description, etc...
Regards,
 Bèr
--