[drupal-devel] [bug] new revision of content node fails to update node_revisions.type

killes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Sep 7 20:20:53 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30622
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30622

-Project:      API
+Project:      Drupal
-Version:      cvs
+Version:      cvs
-Component:    Code
+Component:    node system
 Category:     bug reports

Indeed, the update produces a type field in node_revisions which
shouldn't be there.

killes at www.drop.org

Previous comments:

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:49:05 +0000 : hlslaughter

i have a custom content module. when i create a node of this type, the
node.type
field is correctly initialized. but when i create a revision of that
same node,
the node_revisions.type field remains empty.

since a user cannot modify the content type from the gui, i don't
understand why
the 'type' field even exists in node_revisions, but because it does, i
assume
it's meant to be the authoritative value of 'type'. so that's the field
i grab
for my custom module, and when it's not kept up to date, stuff doesn't
work.

i'm going to try to attach a patch, but last time i tried it crashed my
browser
and i lost my post, so there may not be a patch file here.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:52:21 +0000 : hlslaughter

attempting to attach patch.

patch also includes a fix for the notices node.module generates and
doesn't need to. if anything comes of this post, i'll be more precise
with my patch files in the future :)