[drupal-devel] [bug] Can't delete subjects with '&' in title

Souvent22 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Sep 8 13:05:58 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27140
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27140

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    contact.module
 Category:     bug reports

Hello. Thanks for the feedback. I'm in the middle of fixing it, but i
have a question. You'll have to excuse my ignorance with PostGres, I'm
not as familiar with it as I am MySQL. With that said, I have a
question.....
I am trying to make my update where one does not lose data. However, in
PostGres, I have to make a seperate "temp" table before hand and then
copy the date over the the new table (cause i don't know the exact name
of the constraint to drop e.g. the primary key).

Basically I'm asking if there is a better suggestion in which I doint
have to use a temp table, and i could just manipulate the original
table? Thanks.

Souvent22

Previous comments:

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:57:03 +0000 : m3avrck

Using the site-wide contact forms, any subjects with an '&' cannot be
deleted. Clicking delete for these subjects brings up the expected
action flow, however, confirming the delete does nothing. Subject still
exists.

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:45:38 +0000 : m3avrck

It appears this issue might be linked with this one:
http://drupal.org/node/23685

A problem with mod_rewrite and not the actual contact module.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:51:56 +0000 : Souvent22

Redid how contacts work. It now references contacts by ID instead of
their category as the unique identifier. It also allows for contacts to
have weights, so that one may control where the contact will appear in
the listing.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:53:01 +0000 : Souvent22

This is the update.inc for the database cahnges that goes along with
this patch.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:31:37 +0000 : Souvent22

Updated patch.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:31:55 +0000 : Souvent22

Updated database patch.

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:17:21 +0000 : Cvbge

Hi,

0. You should keep all changes in one file, i.e. pake one patch, not
patch for every file
1. You should include changes for database/database.{mysql,pgsql}
2. IIRC auto_increment was depreciated, you should use db_next_id()
(but I see auto_increment in cvs...)
3. You use "WHERE cid = '%s'", but cid is integer so this should
probably be %d (although this probably would not break anything..)

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:31:21 +0000 : Souvent22

Ok, I've taken your suggestions in, and i think I have it this time. Let
me know if this is a correct format for a patch. This only fixes the bug
of not being able to delete special characters.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:37:30 +0000 : m3avrck

Check your database updates, the UNIQUE fields don't look right
syntactically.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:23:07 +0000 : Souvent22

Ok, i apologize for the last upload. Pleasle ignore. I send the wrong
file. :-[. Anyway, here's a tested, tried, and correct patch.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:26:33 +0000 : m3avrck

+1 patch works great! Latest HEAD version applied with update.php works
great, modifies database correctly for MySQL (and PostgreSQL looks
correct as well) and contacts can now be deleted if they have '&' in
the subject. Also, dumped entire database and created from modified
database.mysql and everything works great. I'd say this patch is ready
to be committed!

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:44:47 +0000 : Cvbge

Hi, patch does not applies to currect cvs anymore.

For the database.pgsql you need to remove (11) from int(11) and also
first "category" from UNIQUE line, so it looks like this:
CREATE TABLE contact (
  cid int NOT NULL,
  category varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  recipients text NOT NULL default '',
  reply text NOT NULL default '',
  UNIQUE (category),
  PRIMARY KEY (cid)
);

The updates are also not compatibile with postgres, but postgres
upgrade path is completly broken in cvs and I'll fix it later, so do
not pay attention to it.