[drupal-devel] [feature] Revive Jabber

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Sep 8 23:01:51 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30727
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30727

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     feature requests

Yes. Anyone with a gmail account has a drupal account.

chx

Previous comments:

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:29:05 +0000 : chx

Google (Talk) uses Jabber and that alone is enough reason to dust off
Jabber and put it back into core. If you are looking for a maintainer,
my hand is up.

The only significant code change is that I removed the global $jabber;
because I have not liked that.

I included an exception for gmail.com. If you do not like it, then do
not commit the module as there is almost no point.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:54:02 +0000 : chx

drumm says that I left in b and i tags. That's Bad. Also he asked why I
have not changed $server for gmail. One, the port would need a change,
so this is shorter, two (as he noted later) the variable is reused.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:00:00 +0000 : walkah

i'm actually gearing up to commit a jabber.module that re-instates the
dist-auth component... as well as some other features (like status,
send message, etc) ... any reason why this needs to be in core?