[drupal-devel] Drupal on Windows...having issues

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Sep 9 17:33:16 UTC 2005

Hi;

Drupal uses PHP, posgresql or mysql. And it does not really care about the
rest.
The only part taht might have a direct impact by the platform, is teh
filesystem. I mean the uploads, images and audiofiles, that you get into
Drupal.
All the rest really very much depends on how PHP and the SQL perform on top of
the server, on top of the OS.
So, in other words, I suggest you rather search for "how does PHP perform on
IIS". Or how do "PHP and Apache perform on w2k". And off course: how does
fat32 decrease performance of mysql/postgresql.

Bèr

Op vrijdag 09 september 2005 18:48, schreef Peter Atkins:
> I'm a Linux guy trying to run Drupal on Windows 2k Server. Not a choice
> I have control over. I'm having some serious performance issues and need
> some help. Are there benchmarks for Drupal on various platforms? If so
> where would I find that information.
>
> Anyone know if Drupal can run on windows with decent performance?
>
> Anything will help.
>
> Cheers!
Regards,
 Bèr