[drupal-devel] [feature] Give file uploads titles

drumm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Sep 9 19:26:00 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30775
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30775

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    upload.module
 Category:     feature requests

I don't see a way to edit the description.

drumm

Previous comments:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:38:57 +0000 : timcn

With this patch, you can rename your file uploads. Normally, only the
file name shows up. This adds an additional input field to supply a
title for the file that is displayed instead.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:33:48 +0000 : Souvent22

Made a better patch in the correct format. But, this is a good patch.
DEF helps to be able to "describe" your file via a label instead of via
the filename. I hope this gets to head soon. It's the little things that
matter. :). I also made the label size larger, from 128 to 255.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:39:59 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

Hi,

please read http://drupal.org/node/22568 for how to submit patches.

But besides that, I do not think this feature will make it into drupal.
The current upload system is aimed at simplicity. If you need a differnt
name, you should rename it locally, or use a contributed file managing
module. But that is just my opinion. Others might like it!

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:39:15 +0000 : Boris Mann

It's a good idea. Does it make sense to have filename --> filepath
mapping as part of the file API? I would certainly say that that should
be part of the information stored (i.e. there is a column for "name" in
the table), but it would be up to modules to implement this.