[drupal-devel] Drupal Developer Releases

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Sun Sep 11 20:10:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 23:23 -0700, Harry Slaughter wrote:
> I'd like to create a discussion about creating developer releases of Drupal.
>
> Sepeck suggested I mail the list with a pointer to my related post:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/30903
>
> Thanks
>
> Harry (hlslaughter)

I'd definately play with the dev releases and do bug reporting/patches.
HEAD moves too fast for me to have any point of reference.

I noticed Ber raised the issued of not supporting dev releases. Which I
think is a given. Running a dev release should be the same as running
against head, except you have a point of reference to submit a bug back
to the developers.

I think it will also help module developers, giving them a stable based
to work on module updates. Instead of having to do a flurry of work
around release time.

.darrel.