[drupal-devel] MySQL HEAP-tables

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Sep 12 17:19:49 UTC 2005

I used to be wary of such esoteric features, since although I can have
them at home, hosting would not allow them, specially for shared
hosting environments.

However, it seems that lately, hosting companies have been providing
support for these extra storage engines, such as InnoDB and
MEMORY/HEAP. If you are in doubt, check in PHPMyAdmin under "Storage
Engines" and see what is listed there.

So, yes, it is a valid option, and since it only affects table
creation, it should have no impact on PostgreSQL or ANSI
compatibility.