[drupal-devel] [bug] Using tabindex in user login form

ax drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Sep 13 19:59:48 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29060
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29060

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user.module
 Category:     bug reports

these very useful 4 lines should definitely go into 4.7.

ax

Previous comments:

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:14:55 +0000 : tostinni

When the drupal module is activated, when you go to /user to log in, you
have a link that appear to Drupal.org Enter your drupal username, or an
ID from one of our affiliates: Drupal., so when you use "tab" to switch
from one input to another, you go in order :
- username input
- Drupal link
- password input
So I think the logic is biased as you're supposed to reach first
username, then password and end by the submit button.

This patch add tabindex to input fields to force this behaviour.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:01:06 +0000 : ax

very useful! how often do i find myself irritated that i'm not in the
password field after <input username> <tab>.

patch applies cleanly against current cvs and works as expected. a big
+1.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:49:49 +0000 : clydefrog

You are a genius! This has always bugged me, and now you've come up with
a good fix. Code looks good, but I haven't tested it.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:16:38 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

+1 Very usefull indeed.
We should have fixed this long ago. But I guess that others, just like
me, everytime thought "ah darned, that tabindex, I should really go and
fix this. Hmm but not now".

Well, tostini took this up. Hope it gets committed soon.

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:03:10 +0000 : Tobias Maier

+1 very good.
makes user expierience better :D