[drupal-devel] [feature] Admin option to toggle between headline, teaser, and full text in RSS feeds

Boris Mann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Sep 14 14:41:12 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/3986
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/3986

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     feature requests

What the heck, let's make this critical. Google launched blogsearch [1]
today -- it reads feeds, so if you're not outputting full feeds, it
means Google's not indexing everything you put out.

Attached is an updated node.module which sets options for this, as well
as includes an option for RSS or Atom feeds (but doesn't implement this
yet). If someone could refactor and turn into a patch, we could still
get this into 4.7.
[1] http://google.com/blogsearch

Boris Mann

Previous comments:

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:22:51 +0000 : Boris Mann

As the title says. It might be nice to add a feed.module to Drupal that
consolidates all feed-related info in one place, so that this can be
toggled for different types of nodes all in one place.

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:44:20 +0000 : Boris Mann

I love the fact that this has been active forever :P

One day we will have a feed.module to rule them all...