Returned Mail: [drupal-devel] [task] Collapsible settings for all settings pages?

drupal-devel at drupal.org drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Sep 15 20:12:14 UTC 2005

The following message from m3avrck <drupal-devel at drupal.org> was not authorized for entry in the 01Lists.com forum. Posts can only be made by registered users of the forum.

From:     m3avrck <drupal-devel at drupal.org>
To:       drupal-devel at drupal.org
Subject:  [drupal-devel] [task] Collapsible settings for all settings pages?

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30038
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30038

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     tasks

Rerolled against HEAD.

Since it seems the FORM api is going to go in *after* the freeze, this
should go in now, so before any of the forms are updated to the new API
(so this change is accounted for later instead of having to do another
patch :))

m3avrck

Previous comments:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:37:22 +0000 : m3avrck

Is there a reason collapsible fieldsets is used *only* on the main
settings page? What about the users setting page? That is really long
and would benefit. And the uploads setting page, as you add more roles,
that page can get really long too.

I think we should add this feature to all standard Drupal settings
pages that are long like the settings page... it really helps and would
make things look more consistent, instead of "why the heck is this on
one page and not them all?".

Need to get this into the next release as well to be consistent with
the approach of this new feature.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:38:54 +0000 : m3avrck

I've gone through all of the settings pages for the included default
Drupal modules and have applied the collapsible form fix. This really
does make a *huge* difference... it makes the Settings interface more
consistent and greatly improves readability. Let's get this one in! :)

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:32:11 +0000 : Souvent22

Installed, and used the patched. Worked great. Much needed. :). +1

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:54:42 +0000 : chx

-1 and +1 at the same time. +1 but only after the forms API is in --
it'd be better if we won't break the fastly evolving patch.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:28:25 +0000 : m3avrck

Beat me to the post :) I just was reviewing the Forms API patch and
realized this one is no longer applicable if that goes through.

chx, can you include the fixes in this patch with the forms api? it
just makes a few extra menus 'collapsible' which with the new API,
requires even less code change, haha!