[drupal-devel] Code freeze, usability and performance

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 16 04:54:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> >   - Usability: one of the most common complaints about Drupal relate to
> > the out-of-the-box experience.
>
> I would like to point out I created a control panel module (Kieran was
> involved in it) which literally mirrors the menu in the main area and if
> there are icons in the appropriate place, those are displayed too. To my
> understanding, next week this will get some themer love.

I was wondering why you didn't make it a contrib project.

> I am well aware of the fact that Mambo was choosen several times because
> out-of-the-box you saw a few big, colorful icons in the administration
> area.

I am aware of this too. I don't really care. :p

> It's in my sandbox. Maybe core? Too late? Maybe not? Merge with menu.inc?

The code looks a lot like menu.inc, yes. :p

I think it is too late to add it to core, but I would appraciate a
contrib project made from it. Some default icons would be nice, too.

Cheers,
	Gerhard