[drupal-devel] [feature] Tracker.module permission handling

Boris Mann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Sep 16 15:50:50 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/31292
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/31292

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    tracker.module
 Category:     feature requests

Sorry, but I can't see the use of this. Why would you not want to give
all users (and especially search engines) a view of all activity on the
site?

Just seems like we are mushrooming permissions.

Boris Mann

Previous comments:

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:08:09 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

This patch adds an extra permission 'access recent posts tracker' to the
permissions system of drupal. Now, if people have 'access content'
permission, they do _not_ automaticcally have access to the 'recent
posts' tracker..

I would like to use the 'recent posts' or registered users on my sites
only, and I'm quite tired of patching this with every release of
drupal. I hope you guys agree with me, and help me get this small patch
in.

Please review, comment or apply...

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:29:16 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

Cvbge told there was a typo:
'Implementatino' => 'Implementation'..

Rerolled and ready for more reviews...

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:33:59 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

Setting to 'patch (ready to be committed)', because I'm using and
testing this patch since tracker.module is in core...

Works as advertised, so please apply if you think the functionality is
missing in core..