[drupal-devel] file (image) handling in flexinode

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Mon Sep 19 12:11:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

Drupals core image and file handling is *very* limited. I think this is a very
good design choice. But the fact that in contribs there is no proper handling
is a bad thing. In other words: Contribs all try to improve the core file
handling system, yet don't manage to get a default -working- system going.

I plan t get a default idea and system in flexinode going. Looking at
  http://drupal.org/node/21979
  http://drupal.org/node/27310
I conclude that there is enough manpower for this, yet too little
centralisation and agreement on how to deal with this.

Thererfore, I would like to see a thread on drupal-devel going on this.
Possibly followed by a short IRC meeting to get this all rolling. If need
arises, we can follow this up on drupalCON in amsterdam.

Here is what (IMO° needs to be agreed upon:
 * How will a general file handling system look like. (hooks, apis, layers,
etc?)
 * What improvements do we need in core to get this sorted out, if any?
 * Who wants to help?
 * Must this be flexinode-only, or just flexinode aware, or not at all linked
or related to flexinode?

Note to drupalART readers, please keep this centralised and reply to
drupal-devel mailinglist.

 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]