[drupal-devel] [drupal-dev] menu_hook caching problem?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Sep 20 19:11:41 UTC 2005

GravyFace wrote:
> I've been playing with the menu hooks, particularly with the Events
> module and noticed that changes are not reflected immediately and/or
> "linger" unless the corresponding cache record in the cache table is
> deleted.  Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. execute DELETE FROM Cache statement in MySQL
> 2. modify $items array in hook_menu
> 3. invoke module/request new path (GET /new/path)
>
> I have caching set to "disabled" in the admin > settings, but $may_cache
> is set to true; why is it caching it?

good question ... the admin setting you mention is for the *page cache*,
not for caching in general. If the admin UI makes this unclear, the UI
should be improved. There is no way to disable the menu cache, nor many
other forms of caching in drupal. When doing development like this,
consider activating devel.module (see Contrib) which offers a handy
'clear cache' link among other things.