[drupal-devel] [feature] storage table

robertDouglass drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Sep 21 06:00:27 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/31811
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/31811

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

I wonder if this will result in a large number of queries that are
related for a module, and if so, whether we should introduce a realm on
the storage table? The advantage would be that we could load all the
storage-variables of one realm together. The reasoning is, if I need
one of the variables I set in my module, I'm likely to need most or all
of them, at which point it seems like it would be more efficient to load
them all. Perhaps the solution, in fact, is to add a realm column to the
variables table? Then we could differentiate between different blocks of
related data and load it into conf as needed.

robertDouglass

Previous comments:

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 05:43:15 +0000 : chx

Talk is silver, code is gold, so instead of talking about
http://drupal.org/node/31801 , let's look at some code. Untested patch
and needs a simple DB script, too.