[drupal-devel] Fwd: OpenUsability Project Approved

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Sep 21 17:45:43 UTC 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:28 AM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2005, at 9:45 AM, Álvaro Ortiz wrote:
>
>> So if some concise usability/ux improvements were listed, I would
>> contribute.
>>

> Here is a list projects for Administration User Experience that we
> need help with.
> 1) We need to complete interviews for new administrative users.  I
> have completed 12 so far, but they were all with heavy
> administration users.

Hi, here is the short version of the interview questions:
Audience research
Phone/email interview questions
Drupal administration
1)How would you describe yourself as a Drupal administrator? Which
version of Drupal
do you run? What additional modules/themes do you use?
2) How often do you use Drupal administration? How long do you
administer your site?
3) Can you access your Drupal administration menus?
4) What are the most common tasks you do with your site as an
administrator? What
other tasks do you do less frequently?(Write both answers down as a
list in order)
5) Which of the common tasks you mentioned earlier are easy to do?
Why are they easy?
(Get into detail)
6) Which tasks are hard? Why are those tasks hard?(Go into detail)
7) How about other important tasks you have not mentioned?
8) What is the one thing that would make your job as a Drupal
administrator easier?
Review your interpretations.

If you would prefer to just do one or two long interviews then I can
share the long interview questions which really follow the same
format but have lots of detailed sub questions.  When you are picking
your candidates to interview check that they don't use Drupal
administration for an hour everyday.  I have twelve of those people
and we really need a better sampling of new inexperienced users.

I am going to try and get a post up on Drupal.org about a plan for 4
weeks of User Experience work.

Cheers,
Kieran