[drupal-devel] Drupal conference, Amsterdam

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Thu Sep 22 12:54:43 UTC 2005

Hello world,

next month, many of us will be in Amsterdam to attend the Drupal
conference: http://drupal.org/conference-amsterdam-2005.  The goal is
to meet in person, to educate new users, to brainstorm about the
future of Drupal, to get some development done, and to have fun in
and around Amsterdam.  Antwerp was fun, Portland was fun, Amsterdam
will be fun too so better be there.

People can self-organize and get some hacking done in small or large
groups; we'll provide the space.  To do so, we're renting a venue for
either 2 or 3 days -- Ber and Bert are finalizing the deal.
Furthermore, Boris secured some funding so the Drupal conference will
be free to attend.  More details will follow shortly.

First things first.  We plan to do a number of Drupal presentations
and to do so we need people to present.  The idea is to do many short
presentations (maximum 10 minutes, lightning talks) followed by a
discussion (maximum 20 minutes).  Possible topics include (but are
not limited to): (i) a module you've written, (ii) a module you plan
to write, (iii) a website or project you've done, (iv) a proposed
core change, (v) the results of a survey, analysis, or benchmark,
(vi) a problem or bottleneck you observed, (vii) drupal.org related
issues,  etc.  Anything Drupal can be discussed and everyone is
encouraged to submit a topic.  The presentations are fun and
informal; they have proven to be a great way to get feedback and
directions.

If you want to present something, please send an e-mail with the
topic of your proposed presentation and a two line description.  I'll
add the presentations to the conference page  at http://drupal.org/
conference-amsterdam-2005.  If you like to see something presented
rather than presenting it yourself, you can request a presentation.
Once we have enough presentations, we'll categorize them in groups.
I hope to get more than 20 presentations by the end of next week.

PS:  http://www.expatica.com/source/forum_thread.asp?
channel_id=1&thread_id=29858 (thanks Adrian)