[drupal-devel] Drupal.org hardware

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Fri Sep 23 12:17:33 UTC 2005

On 23-Sep-05, at 1:14 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>> (I love the fact we don't have all these stupid "issues" clogging
>> up the developer list anymore :P )
>>

> Yes, this is a real improvement.  Finally we get some 'serious'
> work done.  :-)

I know you're joking - but I'm very much in favour of keeping the
issues on drupal.org for a couple reasons:

* i don't care about every patch ... i mean i do, but i'm swamped at
it is, and I lose some interesting conversations in the noise

* a lot of times folks will respond to an issue on the list only -
which means it's not preserved in the thread on drupal.org

* we already can get a pretty fine-grained RSS feed for any issue
queue - which is sufficient for me

I can actually keep up with drupal-devel now, and we can have more in
depth future / planning / proposal kind of discussions - which I
think are the kinds of things mailing lists are better suited for.

--
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/